2013 Managing Employee Expenses, Entertainment & Allowances Seminars – register online at:
2013 National Accounts Payable Day – Tuesday 1 October 2013
Nominations close on Friday 6 September 2013. Go to: http://www.nationalapday.com.au/nominate.html
Recognise the great work done by your amazing Accounts Payable Team or Person.
National AP Day is a chance for you and your organisation to recognise the great work done by your Accounts Payable team or outstanding Accounts Payable individual. National AP Day will reward the best individual AP person in Australia and the best AP team in Australia
Get nominating now – it only takes a few minutes and is great opportunity to reward an AP star. You can nominate an individual or a team.
3 easy steps:
A. We need your name and details
B. We need to know the name of the Accounts Payable individual or team your nominating
C. We need to know in less than 80 words why you think they deserve to be a National AP Day winner
Nominations will close on Friday, 6th of September 2013.
The winners will be announced via email on Tuesday 1 October, National AP Day 2013.
The winners of National Accounts Payable Day 2012 were:
Best National AP Individual 2012: Kristina Villic, Coates Hire – won an Ipad, Mascot
Kristina Villic was the outstanding AP individual for 2012 – she received a large number of nominations from across the country, here are just a few examples of why she was Number 1 in 2012:
“Kristina’s dedication to her work, team & the business as a whole is second to none. At all times she is willing to help & provide a positive solution for the customer & the company.”
“Kristina is very helpful and nothing is ever a problem. She will spend the time to teach you how to make everyone’s job easier.”
“Kristina has a positive attitude and is always willing to assist us with clearing rejected invoices or credits. Kristina is a real asset in Coates Hire.”
Best National AP Team 2012: Lisa Schipp, Carolyn Davis & Leah Kiska, Truckline, Heathwood, Queensland ($500 lunch voucher)
Lisa Schipp, Carolyn Davis and Leah Kiska were the outstanding AP team for 2012 – they received a large number of nominations from across the country, here are just a few examples of why they were Number 1 in 2012:
“With all my liaising with Truckline, this company have answered all of my queries in a very quick and timely manner. They are all very friendly and a pleasure to deal with.”
“They are a great bunch, always happy and willing to help sometimes under trying conditions and they have to put up with us branch managers as well.”
“They handle a very large volume of paper work. They make payments in a timely fashion and are always obliging to internal and external customers who require payment. Even when they have a member of their team away they all pitch in to keep on top of the workload.”
National AP Day 2013 is proudly sponsored by Salary Guru:
2013 FBT Return Preparation Seminars – Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane & some key areas to start thinking about
With an unprecedented number of law changes and increased ATO focus, attending one of our 2013 FBT return preparation seminars is an absolute must do. Our 2013 FBT return preparation seminars will be practical and cover the important law changes for LAFHA, Relocations, Cars, Airline Transport Benefits and In-house Benefits, and how these will impact on your 2013 FBT returns.
We will work through the identification and valuation of all benefit categories, and explain what information and documentation is required to claim an exemption, concession or a reduction.
We are holding three full day FBT return preparation seminars in March 2013. Spaces are limited to maximise learning. The dates, locations and registration links are as follows:
Melbourne, Thursday 14 March – Register online here: http://www.cvent.com/d/dcqx6v/1Q
Sydney, Wednesday 20 March – Register online here: http://www.cvent.com/d/dcqx6v/1Q
Brisbane, Wednesday 27 March – Register online here: http://www.cvent.com/d/dcqx6v/1Q
Alternatively, download and print out the registration form here: http://www.fbtsolutions.com.au/pdf/fbt_return2013_seminar.pdf
Early bird – register by 25 January and you only pay $550 including GST.
On time bird – after 25 January, you pay $660 including GST.
Loyal bird – if you or one of your colleagues has previously attended any of our seminars, reduce the applicable fee for each attendee by $55 – that’s our way of saying thank you for your loyalty.
CPD / CPE Hours – 6.5 hours, a certificate in your name will be provided.
Key areas for 2013 FBT Returns
Here are some of the key areas to consider when planning your 2013 FBT return preparation process:
- Planning – start the process early, think about the prior year issues and business changes
- Prepare a list of updated key contacts – internal and external, and confirm availability
- Prepare a timetable of key dates, resources and responsibilities
- Law changes – consider the key law changes to LAFHA, relocations, airline transport benefits, cars and in-house benefits. We’ll cover these in detail at the seminars
- Car parking – understand where the benefits are being provided, the duration and source the lowest daily rates www.fbtme.com.au – our pricing is competitive, we’ll beat any written quote by 15%.
- Training – unless you focus on FBT all year round, then it is recommended that you attend a training session – register here for our full day FBT return preparation seminar: http://www.fbtsolutions.com.au/pdf/fbt_return2013_seminar.pdf or http://www.cvent.com/d/dcqx6v/1Q
- LAFHA – understand who received LAFHA, the start and end dates, the food and accommodation components and who was eligible for the transition
- LAFHA – for those employees who are eigible for the transition, check that the accommodation allowance is equal to or less than the actual renatl expense
- LAFHA – issue declarations now for those who’s LAFHA ended on 30 September 2012. Let me know if you require a template declaration.
- Relocations – pull together a list of employees who relocated, either temporarily or permanently and start understanding the circumstances of their relocation and the remuneration or reimbursement arrangements
- New benefits – were new benefit offerings made in 2012 /13?
- Cars – start early to understand the cars outside the SFM transitional rules and ensure logbooks are on file and compliant.
- Were there any big parties? Start gathering the detailed costings and understanding the nature of the event/s.
Talk to us about your FBT needs. If you have a query, please let us know.
Yours in FBT,
Director & Registered Tax Agent
FBT, Payroll & Salary Packaging Solutions
T: 02 8079 2924 F: 02 8249 8101 M: 0403 050 358
A: Level 12, 95 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
P: PO Box 4508, Sydney NSW 2001